Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting a headcount

Today I went in for a check-in and ultrasound to see how big the follicles are getting and how many there are.  Hope I don't get this wrong, but the way I understand it: the follicles are the fluid filled sacks that the eggs are in (however not all follicles contain an egg). The eggs are too small to see by ultrasound, but the size of the follicle basically tells the doctor the level of maturity the egg has reached. I think they said there are 9 follicles on my left and 6 on the right. They also varied in size of 5-9mm which for day 4-5 is pretty normal. I'll go back in again on Saturday morning and again Monday morning just to confirm the follicles are getting to the right size. I think they want them around 20mm on the day of the egg retrieval, and they grow about 2mm per day.

This is a picture of follicles, see the big black spots? Those are the follicles. Aren't they pretty? Ha. This big one was 14mm (found on Google), and the smaller ones were around 10mm. These aren't mine, but they looked the same (like a big black blob).


So now I get to stop my 10am shot (YAY!!!) and for my 10pm shots I only have to mix two vials of powder to 1cc of sodium chloride, and still doing .1 of the other med. So still two shots a night.

I had been racking my brain trying to remember a movie from my childhood that I remembered being a very interesting opening credits with the video of conception... I finally thought long enough to Google John Travolta movies, and figured out it was Look Who's Talking! Anyone remember this video? This is quite hilarious how the swimmer is talking like Mikey the soon to be born baby character. Anyway - enjoy :)



Off to take a shower now, I had a gift card to spend and was determined to buy new perfume... so now I smell like a stripper from spraying all that perfume.
Wait, not that I know what a stripper smells like.......... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Soooo....I usually only read blogs from my phone these days, but I had to get on the computer to comment ;) I literally laughed out loud at your title to this post, I'm not sure why I found it so funny this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsi!!! Me too. I laughed and laughed. I think it's the stripper part. Anyways, thanks for sharing sister! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome for sharing... and i'm happy to share my stripper perfume too. (Ed Hardy Villain)

      Delete