Decided to hit it hard and heavy this week with the calorie counting and healthy eating. And I was happy to get MOST of my food from the outside aisles at the grocery store!! That's means more fresh stuff and little or no preservatives!
We might be looking for a boat, and that might have influenced me to get my butt in gear!
So - this might become a bit of a food journal, so feel free to skip it...
I packed my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for two days (didn't have enough containers for all 5 days).
Here is Mondays menu:
Half-Caff Coffee with FF Half&Half and one Truvia
Banana on the way to work
Breakfast:
1 c. Sliced Strawberries
1/2 cup Strawberry Yogurt (Light&Fit)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Snack:
14 Raw Almonds
Lunch:
4oz Oven Roasted Turkey deli-sliced
1 Gala apple
Light String Cheese
1/3 English Seedless Cucumber
Snack:
2 Clementines
6 pieces Turkey Bites (beef jerky-ish)
That leaves me with around 400 calories for dinner to keep within 1200-1300 calories for the day.
My plan for dinner is grilled chicken, and a vegetable. I bought some broccoli florets to roast w/ garlic & res pepper. Have a few other options such as a salad too.
I was happy to make all my pre-portioned packs up and pack my lunch for the first two days (need to get more containers so I can prep more days!). I plan on eating the same things every day this week. I can switch up the meals/snacks a bit too, but it's nice to have the calories counted and portions all ready!
It's a 4 day work week for me, woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment