Saturday, January 7, 2012

What's for dinner?

Breakfast: McDonalds
Lunch: Chick Fil-A
Dinner: Minuteman Pizza (a local pizza parlor owned by some friends of ours, known for their famous thin crust and scrumptious Dobberdo sandwiches)

Fastfood, Fastfood, Sit-down, Fastfood, sit-down....Rinse, Repeat.

To say we eat out a lot is an understatement. Especially when I'm forced to work 11-12 hour days. Often times we even get annoyed at each other when the question is asked "what's for dinner?" then we decide if a) we can stomach Honey Nut Cheerios again or B) go out to eat. I have just been completely unorganized about meal planning, and therefore spending way more money than we should on food so THIS IS MY YEAR! I will be preparing more meals at home, and therefore saving us more money (which we ALL know I'm a tightwad...haha).

I had heard about an online meal planning website from my sister years ago. I always thought it would be meals containing ingredients I had never heard of before (like some of the shows on Food Network). What little grocery shopping I do, is usually at Walmart. So if Walmart doesn't have it, we probably don't eat it (or  Sam's... because we eat THAT much cereal that we frequent that place). Anyway, back to this whole meal planning website... I check Groupon a few times a week, and just so happened to check on a day in which E-mealz was offering their online menu planning at 50% (so $29 for a whole year of meals & grocery lists)... I jumped on it! I then called my sister and told her about it.

That was a month ago but I knew that trying to plan 5-7 or even 3 meals during the holidays would be a waste of my precious 12 months of service. So today was the day, I activated my account, chose my meal plan (Walmart Portion Control) and downloaded my first two menu's (last week and this week). I'm happy to say that MOST of the meals look tasty. I think because some of the meals from last week look super tasty that I will be combining my two weeks together.

I plan on writing about how it's going... and hopefully I'll get my husband in the kitchen a little more too!

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

I feel like I should have a little disclaimer....

E-Mealz did not pay me to post this, nor do they sponsor my blog (duh). :)

1 comment: