Saturday, August 20, 2011

Three Cheers for QT!

Let's face it. QuikTrip has got it going on! They really are the best convenience store around, and I love the fact they're always polling customers to find out what we'd like next....

     On Fridays during the summer, I do not have to be at work until 8am (instead of 7:15). I usually have a few extra minutes, and as Rebecca Black sings "It’s Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday" so I frequently stop at QT for one of their $.59 fountain drinks (Black Mango Tea, 1/2 sweet 1/2 un-sweet to be exact). Unfortunately, this is the last weekend for $.59 fountain drinks for the summer, so go stock up! (haha)


















(Aaaaaaaaaah!! Loving this summers addition of Styrofoam too. You tree-hugging people hold your comments please :). The Styrofoam keeps my drink cold, okay, peeps?)


Last Saturday morning, I stopped by to hang out with my mom, stepdad, and grandma for a while in the morning. I was thirsty, but we couldn't get to the kitchen (workers were stretching the carpet) so I volunteered to run to QT. My stepdad quickly rattled off that he wanted (a doubleshot Starbucks drink), mom said she didn't want anything, and grandma said.......wait for it...... "What does QuikTrip have?".


Umm... WHAT!?

It had never occurred to me that granny doesn't go to QuikTrip. So I explained they have a little bit of everything, and she asked if they had donuts. Oh yes Grandma, nearly any kind you want. So a blueberry cake donut and some OJ would tide granny over.

I mosey on down to the nearest QT, and INSTANTLY I realize why I am thankful my sweet, loving, but oh-so-slowly moving grandma does not frequent the place. That place is chaotic!!!

      Cars everywhere. Horns honking. Kids running around. Lines at the counter.
      People on cell phones. Worker mopping. Another worker power washing.

Despite all that movement, they still get you in and out generally in a very quick manner.

I guess it's not called QuikTrip for nothing!






















No comments:

Post a Comment