Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finger Lickin' Good

So we have officially made two of the three meals from our recent online meal planning.

The first meal we made... err I'll give Dustin *most* of the credit....was delicious!! We/he tweaked the meal just a bit but it was still very tasty. It was a basic ground beef Salisbury steak and mushroom gravy. The recipe called for a side of carrot puree. Dustin wasn't quite sure about that, so I told him there were some potatoes in the pantry to just cut up a few of those and we'd have a little serving of mashed potatoes with it. :) The recipe was very simple containing only a few ingredients: ground beef, onion soup mix, sliced mushrooms, FF Cream of Mushroom Soup, and Beef Broth. We will for sure be making this again!

The second meal we made was a healthier chicken pot pie, very similar to this recipe I had seen before. It was certainly not something you'd get at Cheddars, but it did not contain near the sodium or calories! Again - very simple and will be making this again, but might do my own fresh veggies next time!

The other recipe of the week is lemon pepper tilapia which we already had most of the ingredients for. Dustin made some for himself tonight, but I worked so late that I just had some leftovers. (Fish leftover = yuck!... chicken pot pie leftover = yum!)

Hope you enjoyed my review! So far I'm pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment