Anyone who knows Dr Beal knows that he is generally very laid back and sarcastic. While I very much appreciate these qualities, no sense in getting all worked up, it was very hard to take him seriously when he said those three words "no more work". Knowing his demeanor and the big grin on his face, he immediately followed it with "I'm totally serious, no more work".
It was just my regular weekly appointment for my BPP (check-up on the babies) and both babies looked great. Next up, weigh in (gained a few pounds!) and Sylvia took my blood pressure twice without telling me what it was said "I'll come back and check you again in a few minutes". Hmm...
A few minutes pass and in walks Dr. Beal who asks me what's going on and proceeds to check my blood pressure as well. He also didn't tell me what it was but I took that as a bad sign when the doctor was checking it himself.
Anywho - no more work. I was under a huge time crunch on a (2year +) project and knew that my work schedule as of late was not doing my body well. So, these babies and my health are WAY more important and therefore I'll be resting at home and going to the doctor twice a week until they're here!
Dr Beal also wanted to send me down to the RML lab for some blood work and to start a 24 hour urine collection to rule out preeclampsia. So I make my way down - and boy they'll employ just about any level of intelligence there at the ol' RML. It didn't help that I was a little emotional given the news I was just told but when the lab tech starts to give me the instructions on the urine collection she says "you'll need to start this in the morning and discard your first urine of the morning" to which I replied "my 1am, 3 am, or 5am bathroom trip?" She looked at me with her head tilted to the side like a puzzled dog. Apparently you aren't supposed to ask questions. So she proceeds to say "well... uhh... Just that first one when you wake up." ..... I wish someone would have captured the look on my face. I then tried to educate her on how people who don't get up and go to the bathroom every hour and a half to two hours that makes sense because you would have more protein built up in your urine... the look on her face told me I was wasting my time, so I left and went back upstairs to ask my nurse her opinion. For those keeping track: I'll start it sometime in the 6-7am timeframe. ;)
Happy Friday, y'all!
I'm just glad to hear you and the girls are doing okay. I can't wait to meet them!
ReplyDelete