I must confess: there are two smells I love that bring out my redneck side. Sweet corn feed (from a feed store) and campfires. With all of the grass fires lately it really has me longing to go camping....with a campfire. Obviously I do not want to set my backyard on fire and we ALWAYS abide by the burn bans, so I guess a campfire will have to wait.
As for the camping? I'm ready-to-go!
I could camp anywhere, but one of my favorite places to camp is on our land out near Keystone Lake. We actually camp on the land owned by the Corps of Engineers which is between our land and the lake, but they don't mind. :) It's a very secluded piece of lake-front land, accessible by water or tractor only. It's nothing glamorous, so if you need a shower or a (clean) toilet, this isn't the place for you. But if you enjoy sleeping with nature, the sound of crickets, dirt, camp food, swimming, sunshine, and friends: you're in.
This could be your view when you wake up...and unzip the door.
A great pic of the sunrise, and a friend fishing.
Sign me up, sister! :) It's that time of year.
ReplyDelete