Sunday, April 10, 2011

Eat Less, Move More

Dad says: girls, I've got bad news. I have diabetes.

Seriously? Ol' David White is falling apart! :-) Not really, but kind of. Apparently his blood sugar level was 280 something. 80-100 is "normal".

So what do I do? Hit up my friend Google.

My degree is a Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion. I KNOW this stuff. Then why do I find myself Googling: "if both of my parents have diabetes... living with diabetes... low glycemic index diet"...

...because I have to get serious. I need to get some weight off. Not a little weight, a lot. And more importantly: I need to develop a routine of being regularly active.

Again, this is not new news to me, but sort of an eye opener now that BOTH of my parents are diabetic (neither one insulin dependent, but my aunt, uncle, etc are insulin dependent).

Basically what I'm trying to say, I need to:

EAT LESS,
MOVE MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment